- Pistons their strong season with a dominating win over the Suns 131-107
- Aaron Gordon with a terrific game against OKC 40, 15, and 4.
- Ben Simmions sets NBA record 24 feee throws in one quarter.
- Knicks shoot 60% and 26 assists to defeat the Miami Heat 115-86.
- DeRozan and Lowry combine for 66 to beat the Hornets and send their record to 13-7.
- Rockets win 6 straight
- Aldridge scores 41 as Spurs improve to 14-7
- Warriors squeak by the Los Angeles Lakers in OT 127-123.
- Memphis head coach fired, your thoughts?
- Lebron ejection was it justified? I think not!
Check out this highlight on Celtic Great Larry Bird. Brought to you by NBA Reel.
Larry Bird Top 10 Plays
Playing defense in basketball is a lost art. The majority focus is and will forever be on scoring the ball. Their are players in the NBA right not that the only reason they are there is because of Defense.
Rotating on defense is a normal part of every possession. The key is knowing your opponent and their tendencies. Some players are shooters and others who love to attack. This information is so valuable because it dictates how you rotate.
- Shooters can’t have any space. You stick to them like your life depended on it.
- Players who attack the basket require a total team effort. It takes every defender being on point with their rotations.
- If the player is not a threat still remember they are on the floor for a reason, don’t fall asleep and let them split past you for a easy bucket.
Check out this lock down defense from college powerhouse Virginia. Brought to you by Jeff Parriott.
Virginia vs Syracuse
- Hornets defeat Wizards in 2OT to move to 8-9 on the season.
- Lebron James scores 23 of 33 points in the 4th quarter against the Brooklyn Nets.
- The 76ers dominate Portland as Embiid goes for 28 points and 12 rebounds in just 30 minutes.
- Clash of the unsuccessful, Hawks vs Clippers. Blake Griffin has triple double in Los Angeles victory.
- Miami Heat snap Celtics 16 game winning streak with a nail biting finish.
- Knicks come up big in the 3rd quarter 41-10 and go on to beat the Raptors 108-100.
- Rockets blow past Denver as they shoot 68% from the field on the first half.
- Harrison Barnes hits the game winning three off the glass to edge out Memphis by 1, 95-94.
- Timberwolves starters combine for 110 of 124 as they defeat the Orlando Magic.
- Westbrook’s near triple double sends a message to the Warriors. OKC has plans to derail Warriors hopes for 2 in a row.
Check out this Highlight on Sacramento great Doug Christie. Brought to you by Sacramento Kings.
Doug Christie Top 5 Plays
War is one of my favorite team drills. It works on endurance, rebounding, boxing out, fast break, and communication.
For this drill the more people the better, up to 5 on 5. You can use one on one but it takes away the team aspect. You will split up into two teams. Offense around the three point line and defense in the paint. Partner up with someone who will be a challenge to guard or have a even matched opponent. The coach starts out with the ball and will intentionally miss the shot. When the shot goes up the defensive will find their matchup, box out, and explode for the board. Offense will try to maneuver around the defense to get the rebound and put it back up for a shot. If the offense gets the rebound they go back up with a quick shot or pass to a teammate for a better look. If the defense gets the ball they turn and push it full court and try to score on the fast break. If they miss the shot then the boxing out and rebound cycle continues. The drill ends when one team gets the rebound and scores.
This drill uses fundamentals to improve your game. It’s extremely active and enjoyable by getting players together almost like a scrimmage atmosphere. This is what most young players ask for. Try it out in your next practice and let me know how it goes.
Check out the NBA’s best fast breaks. Brought to you by Hoops Card.
NBA Quickest One Man Fast Breaks
- Dwight Howard has a 25 point and 20 rebound night to defeat the Timberwolf’s.
- Cavs stroll through Detroit with a easy victory. Lebron scores 16 of 18 total points in the first quarter.
- Victor Oladipo has a near triple double against his former team the Orlando Magic.
- 76ers young talent continues to sore with a win over the Utah Jazz sending them to a record of 9-7.
- Clippers lose 9th straight game to Pozingis and the Knicks.
- Portland’s Noah Vonleh sets career highs in points (11) and rebounds (18) in a win against the Grizzlies.
- Anthony Davis scores 36 points with 15 rebounds to beat OKC.
- Boston Celtics win 16th straight beating the Mavericks behind Irving’s 47 point night.
- Spurs continue to find a way to win in the absence of Kawhi Leonard with a record of 11-6.
- Lonzo Ball continues to struggle from the field with night after night of poor shot selection. The lack of confidence is apparent.
Watch this high school highlight of Jamal Crawford. Brought to you by Kenny Collier.
Jamal Crawford High School Game Film
Having trouble with your passing game? Turnovers happen, they are apart of the game. However if turnovers are being caused because of poor passing this is unacceptable. I had the privilege of coaching a team that was very skilled separately. Gelling them together as a team was difficult so poor passing was a problem. I came up with a solution, I had to force them to work together. I took our teams practice ball and let the air out and told my team no dribbling today. Playing with a flat ball made them work together. Using eye contact and communication to move the ball. No more one on ones and ball hogging just smart passes and team basketball. I saw improvements almost immediately!
If you are a coach a recommend those drill and watch as the turnovers start reducing. Players use this technique to improve your basketball IG, passing skills, and communication.
Check out this highlight on the NBA’s top passers. Brought to you by House Of Hoops.
NBA Greatest Passes Of All Time
- Pacers and Spurs come back from 20 point deficits to defeat the Detroit Pistons and OKC Thunder.
- John Wall has a tough night against the Miami Heat being held scoreless until the 4th quarter.
- Brooklyn gets hot from long range with 17 three points and 27 assists to beat the Utah Jazz.
- A near triple double by Lebron James sends Clippers back LA empty handed.
- Knicks Shoot only 33% from the field against the Raptors as they drop to 8-7 on the season.
- Kemba Walker drops 47 points, 6 rebounds, and 5 assists but Charlotte falls short to the Bulls.
- Denver Nuggets shoot 62% from the field with 37 assists to defeat New Orleans 146-114.
Check out vintage Derek Rose highlights. Brought to you by DroseOurMVP.
Derek Rose Top 10 Dunks