Moving from Oklahoma City to California recently with my family, finding a church was some what of a task. Oklahoma is a part of what they call the Bible Belt, churches are on every corner. When we moved, me and my wife wanted to find a church that suited our spiritual needs. Now, it is not required for you as a believer to go to church, but it’s very important. Involving yourself in Christian fellowship will only encouraged your walk with God. You will have a support system of others around you in all the moments of life. So if you are on the hunt for a new church, here are some of the things me and my wife were looking for, hopefully it will help you with your decision.
- Very friendly and inviting- A church should want you there for who you are not what you can give. Remember Jesus came for the Broken and lost not those who have it all together.
- Welcoming to family’s- Having a 11 month old at home, my wife and I wanted to find a church family that would help our daughter grow in her spiritual journey as well.
- Community- Heaven will be diverse with all nations and tongues so we wanted to find a church that was open to serving all people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Biblically sound- The Bible has been the same from day one so let’s stay true to the word.
- Relatable- We wanted a pastor and community who could relate to our life and how we live on a daily bases. Finding a pastor who is able to speak into the life of a younger generation is amazing.
These were some of the things my family was looking for in a church and we would like to think we found the whole package. We attend Christian Assembly in Los Angeles. If you live in the area and are searching for a church home please give it a try. I hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday and a blessed week ahead.