I can not stress the importance of communication on the basketball court.
- Knowing when a screen is coming.
- Calling out wolf or another key word when defenders are coming.
- Demanding the ball when your open.
- Making eye contact and calling for the ball when working the ball around in the offense.
- Talking on defense to know where the ball is and how the offense is trying to beat your defensive game plan.
Communication is something that is a underrated asset. Young players pay attention when your coach asks you to talk on the court. Talking on the court can take a mediocre team from average to exceptional.
Check out this video to help with on court communication brought to you by DownToBuck.