Has anyone ever told you that you were meant for greatness? I’ve been told multiple times that God has big plans for my life. Maybe you have had the same reaction I did first hearing those words. “You’re talking to me? Do you know what I’ve done? God doesn’t want me, look at all the other straight arrow people he could use to accomplish His mission. Thanks but I think your mistaken God cant use me.” If thats something similar to your response, trust me you’re not alone.
The truth is, I wanted to know why people kept telling me that. So I started to dig! I opened my bible to search for the answers. As I read a repetitive theme stuck out. God really does call on the outcasts!
- Lonely shepherd’s were the first to see Jesus when He was born. A monumental moment in history.
- Jesus showed mercy on a criminal on the cross beside Him. Using that man as a example that it’s never to late to call on God.
- Touching lepers and healing them even when society chose to abandon them to die alone.
- Jesus took time to have a dinner with tax collectors who were considered despicable thieves.
- Jesus allowed a prostitute to wash his feet in front of all his apostles.
- Paul who wrote most of the New Testament was formally known as Saul a murderer of Christians.
- God called David a man after God’s own heart. The same David that committed adultery and murder.
You can see there are so many individuals that God has chosen to show his love through. In God’s eyes He doesn’t see the labels we put on each other. God sees the ones he knit together in your mother’s womb. God is perfect so anything and everything he creates is perfect through His eyes. God’s word shows that He knows us before we are even born and He knows what our lives will look like. We are perfect because we are exactly how He intended us to be. The facts are that God does not make mistakes! So what the world may see as less than, broken, hopeless, an outcast, He sees as an opportunity to show off his great love.
When I finally let God’s words sink in I thought back to those statements. I will declare that yes, God does have big plans for my life and I am meant for greatness. No matter my race, ethnicity, background, or past mistakes, He will use me! Choose to never give into the worlds label of an outcast because that is the farthest thing from the truth. You are a remarkable work of art painted by the almighty God Himself.
Psalms 139:14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Check out this beautifully written song by Matthew West that reassures who we are in Jesus. Hello, My Name Is