Beginning my journey as a blogger I was encouraged to reach out to other writers. Learn from them and pick their brains. My question has been where do these talented writers, photographers, and poets get their inspiration? Speaking with Kae from http://bucketsonabarefootbeach.com/ I asked her that same question. Her response was “I pray”. Sitting back and taking in her response I realize yes as simple as that answer may be prayer is where I find my inspiration as well.
All good and pure things come from God He is the source. I encourage you to embrace the beauty of Gods love, it is boundless and has no strings attached. Jesus gives hope to the hopeless and broken, a shoulder to lean on in times of need.
Jesus paints the picture of what true love is in this passage. In all walks of life we seek to love and be loved. This particular excerpt in the Bible is often referred to as the Love chapter. I have practiced substituting my name on every occasion in the chapter where you see the word love. Write it out on a piece of paper and tape it to your mirror at home. Make sure everyday your reminding yourself how much your loved and how loving you can be to others. Your speaking life by building this strong characteristic of love in yourself.
Read this beautiful poem from Kae at http://bucketsonabarefootbeach.com/ to hear her perspective on how God is her inspiration.
His blood runs free…
if He could be played
on a piano
He would be a note
springing from grave sides
to water flowers…
those veins which pump so much
to fill our pens with
His heartbeat gushes LOVE…
that River which runs
the Man condemned
who flings off
swims with the poor,
beckons us to fly
- Warriors dominate Clippers with 12 straight wins against Los Angeles
- The Celtics with out Hayward are finding their way, snapping an 11 game losing streak to the Spurs.
- Minnesota defeats the Heat as Jeff Teague puts team on his back, 14 points in the 4th / OT periods.
- Sixers shoot 55% with 27 assists as they take down the Rockets in Houston.
- Orlando Magic defeat the Pelicans to secure their best start since the 2011-2012 season.
- Lebron’s Cavs drop to number 20 on the NBA power rankings poll.
The NBA is in full swing and teams are already fighting for positions of authority. The MVP race is being established with Giannis Antekounmpo as the front runner averaging 34, 10, and 5. Hope your enjoying the games and please leave your feedback. Let’s talk basketball.
Check out this highlight from one of my all time favorites Ben Wallace. Brought to you by 76ers93.
Working is a normal part of life. Even at a young age our parents teach us skills that translate into jobs called chores. Every day during the summer before my mom left for work she would leave me and my sisters a chore list.
- Sweep and mop the Floors
- Vacuum the carpets
- Take the trash out
- Cook dinner (tacos)
Everyday it was a new set of chores that had to be competed by the time my mom returned from work. Doing chores was a normal part of life but we could only complete them if we had the proper tools. Sweeping and mopping the floors would be quite difficult without a broom, dustpan, and mop. Cooking dinner would be impossible without all the ingredients. When your working towards something you have to have the right tools for the job.
Pursuing life as a Christ follower takes work. You can give your heart to Jesus ask for forgiveness and begin a relationship with Him, but if you don’t chase after God on a daily bases what do you really have? You need the right tools for the job.
Bible– Walking in faith as a Christian would be mighty difficult without a Bible. I like to make the comparison of the Bible to a reference guide for life. Nothing you face in life is to big for the word and the word is God. It will always show you a way through.
Church- Surrounding yourself with other believers who will encourage you on your walk with God is absolutely essential.
Prayer– Prayer is your tool to connect with God one on one. I like to say prayer is a conversation with your best friend. Tell Jesus everything because He wants to know. God’s desire is a intimate personal relationship with us and that can only happen by speaking with him daily.
Time– This tool is of the upmost importance. Allowing time in a busy schedule to spend with your creator. Starting off slow is okay just put aside 10-15 minutes a day and work your way up to more.
Using these four tools properly will take your relationship with God to new heights. See God desires our relationship with him to be on fire. Chose to give your everything to God today. He will transform your life, because when you seek after Him He will seek after you.
Revelation 3:15-16: I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm-neither hot nor cold-I am about to spit you out of my mouth.
Check out this video with Francis Chan preaching on the lukewarm church. Brought to you by JesuSaves.PH.
Driving to the basket is a skill that some players have a hard time doing. More and more I see players wanting to hover around that three point line and never dive into the paint. But why? I feel they are afraid of contact. Basketball is a game that will test your will and heart at times and getting penetration to the basket is one of those areas. Here are a couple of tips to improve your drive.
- Make one move and go. Crossing over and trying to get that highlight move for the mixtape is not the goal. Get the easy two points by making one hard move and attacking.
- When you receive that initial contact. You have to make it up in your mind that your opponent will not stop you.
- Dip your shoulder have a burst of speed and attack the basket!
- Practice finishing with contact so that all those fouls in the game will turn into and one’s.
Use these tips to become more then just a shooter. Diversity your game and make yourself harder to guard.
Watch this highlight video on Tony Parker. Even though he is undersized he doesn’t let it stop him getting to the hole. Brought to you by NBA Reel.
Moving from Oklahoma City to California recently with my family, finding a church was some what of a task. Oklahoma is a part of what they call the Bible Belt, churches are on every corner. When we moved, me and my wife wanted to find a church that suited our spiritual needs. Now, it is not required for you as a believer to go to church, but it’s very important. Involving yourself in Christian fellowship will only encouraged your walk with God. You will have a support system of others around you in all the moments of life. So if you are on the hunt for a new church, here are some of the things me and my wife were looking for, hopefully it will help you with your decision.
- Very friendly and inviting- A church should want you there for who you are not what you can give. Remember Jesus came for the Broken and lost not those who have it all together.
- Welcoming to family’s- Having a 11 month old at home, my wife and I wanted to find a church family that would help our daughter grow in her spiritual journey as well.
- Community- Heaven will be diverse with all nations and tongues so we wanted to find a church that was open to serving all people from different backgrounds and cultures.
- Biblically sound- The Bible has been the same from day one so let’s stay true to the word.
- Relatable- We wanted a pastor and community who could relate to our life and how we live on a daily bases. Finding a pastor who is able to speak into the life of a younger generation is amazing.
These were some of the things my family was looking for in a church and we would like to think we found the whole package. We attend Christian Assembly in Los Angeles. If you live in the area and are searching for a church home please give it a try. I hope everyone has a beautiful Sunday and a blessed week ahead.